Monday, January 21, 2013

8 weeks!

Batman & Robin are 8 weeks today! Phew, another milestone. 10 weeks will feel amazing and 12 weeks is going to feel fantastic.
We had an ultrasound on Friday at 7w4d. Dr. Klein freaked us out and I have not been able to stop thinking about it. He put the wand in and so quickly went from Batman to Robin and then back to Batman. He said "Okay, here's the deal...". I squeezed Joe's hand so tightly. I don't know how to read sonograms but he went so quickly that I figured it must've been something pretty obvious to speak so soon. Then he goes "Okay, nevermind". What?! Nevermind? Please, don't freak us out again. He said that he saw Robin's heart flickering right away but didn't see Batman's right away. Well TAKE YOUR TIME NEXT TIME. And don't open your mouth until you are sure of something. He later apologized for freaking us both out. He explained that sometimes there is a vanishing twin and was just looking for that. I was still uneasy even after he assured us both heartbeats were perfect. Batman was measuring right on track at 7w4d and Robin was a day ahead at 7w5d.
Today...
Today I used the restroom and when I wiped there was clear pinkish brown spotting on the toilet paper. No pregnant woman wants to see that. I know the babies are okay. I know this is normal. But still. I don't need any more worry to be added to the mix. So I chugged down a bottle of water so that I could get to the restroom quicker and see what the trip brought. Nothing. Phew. Nothing at all. Like I had imagined it. It still worries me and coupled with the freak out from the Dr... I am a little uneasy this week. We go back on Friday at 8w4d for our last visit with the RE. Our first OB appt is on Tuesday, February 5th at 10w1d. So I will have to make it 10 days without an ultrasound.
The top picture is their heart beats. Batman is on the top and Robin is on the left.
The bottom picture is their solo pics. Robin is the top picture and Batman is the bottom picture.

Oh, and I cannot wait to get an ultrasound picture from the OB. I feel like these pictures are so grainy. I want a good picture!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about the spotting! Tooootally common with the T-V scans.

    ReplyDelete